In between

I know you were all dying to know how things went yesterday...So I thought I'd give you a "tweener update" since we are not yet in our new place.

Yesterday was....interesting. We had decided we were going to be 100 % ready to load up by ten regardless so that if we only had help to get everything into the carport we could at least do that. So the night before almost everything was packed, including bedding and I had leaned the beds up against the wall so they would be ready. Where do we sleep you ask? Well because Adam has a bad back he insisted he sleep on the couch, and I would sleep on the floor next to him. He tried to get me to sleep on the couch but I needed him the next day so I insisted he slept on the couch. Well we got to "bed" about two thirty in the morning. I laid there tossing and turning for about an hour before finally settling down. Just as I was about asleep a spider ran across my face. Well that was it. If you know me, you know how I feel about's not a positive feeling. I was DONE sleeping on the floor. There was a fold out bed for one person in the oversized chair and I decided that would be where I would rest my head. So round about five thirty or six I finally chilled out enough that I fell asleep. I was really annoyed when the alarm went off at eight for us to get to work cleaning and packing.

We did what we could and rested for a few minutes before the EQP came. We did call him to alert him to the time change, he just came in the morning to make sure that if anyone came they could come back when we had the one came so it wasn't a big deal. He took some stuff up and put it in the garage and then left so he could come back at two thirty once we had the truck. Right after he left around eleven they called us to go pick up the truck (YAY!!!) That took an hour from us, because the closest one was in Payson...thirty minutes away. When the EQP came back he started hauling some of the heavier stuff up, by himself since no one else came, so I started helping. He thought I was struggling, so I directed. Zach was sick so he wasn't sure he could come, but I begged and pleaeded and offered to buy him dinner and he came and helped. Even though he was feeling like crap. When I got back one other person from the ward had shown up, and Adam's family had been there for a bit and were helping with the cleaning. Even my father in law who probably shouldn't have been lifiting such heavy objects was helping out. I was in the storage shed trying to figure out what should go to the DI and should be loaded moved a box, and found a mouses nest. Mice are another thing I would prefer to steer clear of, and there were three of them staring me down...I won, but only because I started screaming and it startled them into running away. After that I was done with the storage shed, luckily there were only two boxes left in it. So we got loaded (the truck we weren't drinking) and everyone left. Afterward we spent a couple more hours cleaning. The crazy part is we were doing things I dont think had ever been done before (behind the fridge and stove was BLACK...sick) our landlord called and asked us if we were ready, but not before our upstairs neighbor did a preemptive check (she said she'd never seen the apartment so clean thank you very much Adam :)) So I went and filled up the car with gas, and got some snacks and five hour energy shots (with approximately three hours of sleep and a long drive ahead of us you gotta do what ya gotta do.) and drove back to our old place and our landlord was already gone. After cleaning (and I mean ultra cleaning, window tracks and everything) she spent two minutes in the apartment. She checked the stove, the fridge and flicked on a couple of light switches and that was it. I was pretty upset. I mean seriously what was the point?!?! Well she, of course took our keys and we had no where to stay that night so we dedcided to drive down despite the fact that it was 930 at night. It was a long drive, because Adam could only go 60 and we had to stop a bunch of times to stretch and wake ourselves up, and we finally got to my parents house, sore and tired, but safe, around 200 in the morning. I will let you know how the move in went once we get all set up.

31 May 2009